|Displays all thread messages||Displays thread map||That to which this responds||This thread's lead message||Your most recent Tavern page|
OK still need help!
Got some answers over at Celestial Heavens, but having some trouble making them understand the need to step through the process and not assume I know what I'm doing!
This is what I have done so far:
* Copied ART.REZ & LOCALART.REZ somewhere else. I'll also probably change them to ART.OLD & LOCALART.OLD in case the game somehow finds them
* Started the programme WinRezLT.exe
* Used WinRez to open the file ART.REZ in the path created when the game was installed
* Gone into ART\LOADSCREEN and deleted LOADINGBOAT-LEFT.PCX
* Gone into ART\LOADSCREEN and deleted LOADINGBOAT-RIGHT.PCX
* Gone into ART and deleted NULL.PCX
* Used WinRez to open the file LOCALART.REZ
* Gone into LOCALART\LOADSCREEN and deleted LOADINGBG.PCX
Then.......what? Hitting save at any point causes a runtime error & WinRez terminates. I can follow the instructions to navigate & find the files, and delete them, but there must be other steps? (how to save etc)
Opening WinRez again & repeating the process shows the files are still there, and the game still runs exactly the same way (ie gets stuck on loading screen, alt-tab fixes etc), so whatever I'm doing is not sticking.
It's possble that something is wrong with WinRez, but it's far more likely that I'm not driving it properly. A step-by-step version, including ALL necessary steps - no matter how "obvious" - on how to complete the process, would be useful and appreciated!
|Replies to this message|