New Post Find ReloadOverview Newest    Admin
THREAD NAVIGATION:
View All   Current page
Displays all thread messages Displays thread map That to which this responds This thread's lead message Your most recent Tavern page

Loading fix screen fix now that megaupload is offline?
01/22/2012, 05:42:23

Reply to this message Back to the Tavern

THREAD NAVIGATION:
Where am I? Original message Top of thread Current page
Displays all thread messages Displays thread map That to which this responds This thread's lead message Your most recent Tavern page

Please? This is driving me mad. Anyone have Cinder Racoon's load screen fix/patch?
01/23/2012, 06:52:08

Ossie writes:

THREAD NAVIGATION:

It's not in our File Library but don't give up hope. We're still looking....
01/23/2012, 08:20:43

Bones writes:

Do you know the actual filename?

THREAD NAVIGATION:

Unfortunately not.....
01/23/2012, 15:15:04

Ossie writes:

Hey Bones - long time! Unfortunately I don't know what the file name is. After many years I got the urge to fire up MM9 again: "Oh wow, this will be fun on my whizz-bang new system running Windows 7 & heaps of RAM - those long load screens were pretty annoying. I hope it works but I'm sure I've seen posts on the Tavern about compatability". "Yay it works!". "Hmmm it freezes on the load screen. I'm sure I saw a post about that. Ah yes: alt-tab". "Gee all this alt-tabbing is pretty annoying - I wonder if there's another fix?". "Unbelievable - there's a fix right here on the top page on the Tavern!". "Dammit - megaupload has been shut down *THE DAY BEFORE* I loaded this grrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

In short, no I never had the file previously so dont know what it might have been called.

ps Hi to all the Tavern regulars!

THREAD NAVIGATION:

It doesn't appear to have been a patch....
01/23/2012, 21:45:21

Bones writes:

More like instructions on expanding the archives and deleting a couple of files. I can track down the files and you download WinRez -- a handy 3rd party program to access the Lithtech data archives -- at the link below. First, though, you might try asking for the original package at Celestial Heavens.

Related link: WinRez

THREAD NAVIGATION:

Good idea
01/24/2012, 04:24:04

THREAD NAVIGATION:

OK still need help!
01/25/2012, 16:32:50

Ossie writes:

Got some answers over at Celestial Heavens, but having some trouble making them understand the need to step through the process and not assume I know what I'm doing!

This is what I have done so far:

* Copied ART.REZ & LOCALART.REZ somewhere else. I'll also probably change them to ART.OLD & LOCALART.OLD in case the game somehow finds them

* Started the programme WinRezLT.exe

* Used WinRez to open the file ART.REZ in the path created when the game was installed

* Gone into ART\LOADSCREEN and deleted LOADINGBOAT-LEFT.PCX

* Gone into ART\LOADSCREEN and deleted LOADINGBOAT-RIGHT.PCX

* Gone into ART and deleted NULL.PCX

* Used WinRez to open the file LOCALART.REZ

* Gone into LOCALART\LOADSCREEN and deleted LOADINGBG.PCX

Then.......what? Hitting save at any point causes a runtime error & WinRez terminates. I can follow the instructions to navigate & find the files, and delete them, but there must be other steps? (how to save etc)

Opening WinRez again & repeating the process shows the files are still there, and the game still runs exactly the same way (ie gets stuck on loading screen, alt-tab fixes etc), so whatever I'm doing is not sticking.

It's possble that something is wrong with WinRez, but it's far more likely that I'm not driving it properly. A step-by-step version, including ALL necessary steps - no matter how "obvious" - on how to complete the process, would be useful and appreciated!

THREAD NAVIGATION:

Re:Still need help
01/25/2012, 19:34:10

Gandalf919 writes:

Do you have Windows 7 or Vista? If so you need to Right-click on WinRexLT.exe and choose Run as administrator or Windows will not save the changes. The editor will show the changes as being made but they won't show up in the .EXE file.

THREAD NAVIGATION:

E-gads!!! That's it!!!
01/26/2012, 06:23:53

Ossie writes:

Good catch! OK runs perfectly as designed now. WinRez needs to run as administrator to work in Windows 7. Running WinRez as admin then following the procedure above, saving LOCAL.REZ after deleting all files there, and LOCALART.REZ after deleting all files there, fixes the issue. Thanks for the help!

THREAD NAVIGATION:

Thanks Gandalf! And Ossie, I'm delighted that we all got the answer to your problem. Have fun!
01/26/2012, 08:30:55

Bones writes:

THREAD NAVIGATION:

Thanks to all
01/26/2012, 23:39:50

Ossie writes:

After a long, loooong time away from these games, enjoying the guilty pleasure again. And the quick load times with no hang are a bonus!

THREAD NAVIGATION:

data link
09/08/2012, 12:02:47

THREAD NAVIGATION:

Is this the thread?
09/15/2012, 10:34:23

Back to the Tavern     Back