The MM8 Tavern

New Post Find ReloadOverview Newest    Admin
THREAD NAVIGATION:
View All   Current page
Displays all thread messages Displays thread map That to which this responds This thread's lead message Your most recent Tavern page

Bugs and fixes and missing quests
12/30/2012, 04:41:51

Biamaria writes:

I know there is a website with the fixes for a lot of bugs from MM7. I used it to fix a few of the bugs I found in my disks. Does anyone know if there is a similar website for MM8?
    This website shows a quest (Kill the Pirate Outpost Leader) which supposedly is received at the same time as the quest to sink the Regnan fleet...I have never gotten that quest. Is that info out of date, or is this a bug on my disk?
    Thanks,
    Biamaria

Reply to this message Back to the Tavern

THREAD NAVIGATION:
Where am I? Original message Top of thread Current page
Displays all thread messages Displays thread map That to which this responds This thread's lead message Your most recent Tavern page

p.s. additional info
12/30/2012, 04:44:37

Biamaria writes:

realized it might help to post that I have the M&M Platinum Edition with MM6; MM7; MM8 and MM9 (haven't started that one yet)

THREAD NAVIGATION:

I have the original MM8 disks.
12/30/2012, 11:08:04

Peter2 writes:

I think I'm right in saying that no game-killing bugs showed up in this game, so no updates were ever supplied. There is the usual healthy supply of minor bugs, however!

I don't remember any quest to kill the leader in the Pirate Outpost, but do remember that you have to do it - to get a key, IIRC.

THREAD NAVIGATION:

It is called that in Prima (spoiler?)
12/31/2012, 15:21:16

vmxa writes:

You have to do it as part of the Regina fleet sinking. You go to Dagger Island and kill the leader and get the key to unlock the door to the sub.

Probably not called that in quest notes, can't remember.

THREAD NAVIGATION:

Aye, that quest will be completed naturally as part of getting to Regna to sink the fleet
12/31/2012, 18:19:26

Ossie writes:

THREAD NAVIGATION:

Had to check because
01/01/2013, 03:20:59

Biamaria writes:

I saw it as a separate quest here on this site, so couldn't help but wonder. I know my disks have bugs in them, although I'm not sure why that would be, unless it's just the way they were copied at the manufacturer.

THREAD NAVIGATION:

only bug I am aware of is Conflex ring
01/01/2013, 10:28:06

vmxa writes:

IIRC you could get the quest, without sinking the fleet. I never tried it, but it was reported. Do not recall any game bugs that crashed or stopped the play.

THREAD NAVIGATION:

There's the "Eclipse" shield bug, although that one is not game-killing.
01/02/2013, 05:43:49

Peter2 writes:

This item seems to be put in the chest last, and if the other treasures are arranged on the chest in such a way that the shape left doesn't fit the shield, then Eclipse does not appear. To avoid this bug, you need to save your position before you open the chest. Then if Eclipse isn't in the chest when you open it, all you have to do is reload.

THREAD NAVIGATION:

it can be avoided or even skipped
01/02/2013, 21:02:36

vmxa writes:

Back to the Tavern     Back